Monday, June 16, 2008

Walking and Talking, Sucking and Fucking...

Overload Demo Recording Session 15 June 2008

Yesterday, a great new band, Overload, recorded their demo. Let me tell you, it is fantastic! They definately remind me of something that would have come from California in the late 80's crossed with an Allentown SXE band circa 1997. How is that for a description?!?!?!?!?! The band is killer and the demo will be four songs, and possibly a secret blooper track at the end. A heavy duty group of 5 extra people joined the band to help do back ups, Hess, Tank Top Guy, Pat, Sean and myself. Oh what a fun time it was! So much fun that you almost didn't notice how hot the house was. There were many jokes, like the headline of this post, alternate lyrics had everyone cracking up. There are two guest vocal spots on this demo.
This is an honest blog, if something sucks, I will say that it sucks, whether my friends are in the band or not, I hate fakes. So when I say that this demo is the best thing I have heard in a while, I am being 100% serious. I love music like this! This city is taking off! Right Idea, Overload, Mad Minds, Coffin Bros, My Rulez, the positive youth are on the rise!
Luckily for everyone reading this, I had a top secret spy camera with with and managed to get this shot of backups...
Free Image Hosting

After the recording was over, there was a tree climbing contest outside and then we headed to a Mexican place to eat. Oh, Mexican two nights in a row. Holy shit, my toilet hates me today! There were a lot of good jokes and Jason almost ruined some babe and her dudes date by crashing through their table like the Kool Aid man through a wall! Then some babes showed up. A lot of fun was had. Here is a picture to give you an idea of what a wild time we had...
Free Image Hosting

Then, babes and some dudes headed to Kent for other stuff but other had to head to Medina Movie Palace for an exclusive viewing of Red Dawn. Tank Top Guy made his first appearance at a movie night and was a worthy addition, adding lots of jokes. While that makes him cool, he wasn't nearly as cool as this guy...
Free Image Hosting

Once movie night was over, we all headed home. On the way home, there were talks about how great the Overload demo is and then there was talk about Circle One fighting Suicidals.
Overall, this was a fantastic weekend and feel free to join us anytime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha ive never seen that picture.