Saturday, June 14, 2008

Resolve / I Can't Lose - 06/14

Resolve and I Can't Lose at Now That's Class on June 14th

This show was supposed to start at 6pm. Early shows in this city are a guaranteed failure. Well, it didn't end up starting until well after 7. There was supposed to be three bands but one of them, SSCP, didn't bother to show up. No worries though because that band sucks balls. I Can't Lose played first and had lots of good songs, including a completely random Infest cover. The original songs are good too and I wish they would hurry up and record new stuff.
Next, was Resolve, the youth crew from St. Louis. This band rules, I think they sound a lot like demo era Turning Point. Great stuff. The guitar player is a big guy and he got some good air on the jumps I saw him do. They have a new 7" on Commitment Records and it is top notch. I'll post a review of it soon.
So the bands were good, but the show sucked. Why? Well, there was no one there! If you though that shitty Mind Eraser show a while back was sparsely attended, then you should have seen the crowd here. Seven or eight people. Tops. What a shame! That's why living in this city sometimes makes me want to blow my brains out. A shitty Ringworm or any other random mosh core gay band will draw a lot, but when good hardcore bands come here, the turnout is weak.
You lazy fuckers need to start flyering shows. And I don't mean posting bulletins on myspace to the same people over and over and over and over and over and over, etc. Take an hour and make a flyer and go to the store and get copies made and then put them everywhere. The internet has turned you all into a bunch of lazy skrulls. That First Step show had real flyers which were put everywhere, and the turnout was good.
Holy shit, if I see one more myspace post about some show coming up, I'm going to through this computer through the wall.
Anyways, Resolve are cool dudes. They went to eat with us after the show. We went to El Jalapeno. I think the place was borderline gross and I'm sure anyone who ate there, will be paying for it later on tonight or in the morning, if you know what I mean. The singer of Resolve ordered a bean burrito and the sneaky staff at that place tried to trick him with a meat burrito but that dude had meat radar and he caught that shit and sent it back! Later on, I thought the singer got bummed when we were talking about funny stuff, but then he was laughing, so no worries I guess.
After eating, I was tempted to come home and go to bed, but I opted to go bike riding in Medina. Bad choice. I was falling asleep on the way out there and then only rode for a little while before I came back. Fuck, I hate being tired all the time. Biking is fun though, maybe I will go again soon.
Ok, soon, I will be posting reviews of all the goodies I got at the show tonight and add some more info about the Summer Of Hate fun fest in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you gotta bike again