Sunday, June 29, 2008

Coffin Brothers review and news...

Hello!
The Summer Of Hate show went fantastic last night. There were a lot of bands and two stages to work with but things moved smoothly. It was nice not having to wait forever between bands too, especially since it was kind of hot in there. People need to stop being big babies and move closer to the stage. Big crowds of people all huddles in the doorways is mega lame. Who cares if someone dives on you or bumps into you?! It's a punk and hardcore show and things should be wild and out of control!
Other than that, great show, lots of solid bands and an all around great time.
There are a lot of bands around here now. Good hardcore or punk bands. Here is a list of all the ones that I can think of: Right Idea, Overload, My Rulez, Mad Minds, Point Blank, Coffin Brothers, Crowd Deterrent, Triceratops, I Can't Lose, American Werewolves, Search Bloc and possibly more that I'm not remembering right now. We have enough bands and people for a mini Army of hardcore and punk people. Anywhere we go, we should be able to completely take over. I think there should be a big summer locals only show, get all those bands to play somewhere cool. Fuck, play at the beach somehow. What a wild time that would be! The momentum is here to make something amazing and I hope it doesn't get fucked up. There are a lot of solid shows coming up and there needs to be a massive flyer campaign to get tons more people to come to shows. Recruit as many new people as we can! I don't mean passing out flyers at shows. Do what I do and put them in book stores, record stores, malls, skate stores, give them to random kids I see skating around, give them to anyone who looks like they would like to come and hae a good time. Do that and you will see amazing things.

Free Image Hosting
Last night I got this great CD from a new Cleveland band called Coffin Brothers. I am very impressed with what I hear. This is cool, hardcore with melodic and memorable songs, some even have a slight Oi! influence. There are six songs and they are all great. The subject matter is somewhat dark, but handled in a positive way. They also excel at writing catchy sing-a-long chorus parts. Fuck, there are even guitar solos that remind me of the mini solos in a lot of early SoCal punk bands songs, the kind that get stuck in your head for days.
This is an A+ release.
Go to: www.myspace.com/coffinbrothers

More soon...

1 comment:

XSLABAX said...

Yes!!!! That mega show sounds fucking awesome!!! Can I hook up the flyer!!!