Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reviews...

Here are some reviews of things I got last night at the Resolve show...

Can't Sit Still Fanzine: Issue #2- February 2008

I was surprised to see an actual 'zine for sale at a show. I think this is made by the singer of Resolve. It is a well done, xeroxed 'zine, with interviews with some of my favorite current bands; Birds Of A Feather (best interview in here), Get The Most, Always Aware and some other bands that I haven't heard yet. This has all the standard 'zine stuff, interviews, reviews and commentary. Since 'zines are so scarce now, this is a golden find. The pictures are of unusual quality for a photocopied 'zine, so that is an added bonus. Good writing + good pictures = A+
Unfortunately, there is no address inside anywhere (frown), but I bet if you wrote to the band at www.myspace.com/resolve they could tell you where to order one from.

Resolve- Summer Sessions '08

These are the newest recordings from this great band. Four songs, one with an intro before it. This is really good late 80's style hardcore from St. Louis. I like it a lot when good bands pop up in obscure places. I thought the only music that came from St. Louis was horribly shitty rap music. I'm glad I was wrong though. This band reminds me a lot of Turning Point. Since they already played here, and most people were too lazy/stupid to go, I will say that you should check them out next time they play here.
I'd also like to mention that I am really happy that there are more and more bands of this style popping up each day. It's the style I like best and it really is the best time when bands like this play live. Holy jeez, am I sick of the chugga core horseshit that has plagued my ears for the last few years. I won't give up faith though because I know what things are like in hardcore when they are good.

Resolve- Shirt for new 7"

This shirt is white with black ink. The front has a cool Resolve logo with a big X behind it on the left chest. The back has the cover from their new 7" on Commitment Records. It is a picture of a dude in a varsity jacket, wrecking things and scaring people. Hahah. That's wonderful. The sleeve has a Commitment Record logo of an Xed up guy skating. This shirt reminds of a something that Pressure Release would have had, which to me, is a good thing.

Resolve- Tour Shirt- Robocop Design

I guess this shirt is for their current tour. it is an orange shirt with black ink. I don't see too many orange shirts at shows, so that is good. On there front, there is a Resolve logo and under it is a drawing of Robocop. Fuck, Robocop rules. Any fan of action can appreciate the carnage in the first two Robocop movies. Fantastic choice for a shirt.

I say this band has some good stuff with them on tour and people should get all of this and support a good band that is trying hard and playing actual hardcore.

More later...

No comments: