Saturday, June 28, 2008

If I Had A Hammer...

A long time ago, I tried to have a record label. I failed miserably. Mostly due to laziness. Well, now I am more secure in life and have some funds for fun things and whatnot, so I often think I will give it another go. Most current bands that I like have record labels. Hmmmm, what to do? I discussed this a bit with someone and they suggested I put out older stuff, reissues or whatever, of all the great old music that I always talk about. A lot of that is not too easy to come by and I figure that I have been pretty good at tracking down some older dudes who were in those bands. If this works out how I would like it to, each release would come with many pages of notes and pictures from band members, a history and other cool stuff. We shall see though. I am in contact with three people now from three great old bands and am attempting to work out some sort of release with one of them and will then bring it up with the other two. I suppose it will be a lot easier to convince them of my seriousness when I have an actual release to show them. We will see how this works out soon enough.

Free Image Hosting
Through my travels, searching for lost music, I often find people who are very generous in sharing things from their archives. Sometimes they will even have folders full of unseen pictures from bands that I love a lot. The one above this writing is an early picture of TSOL and it came from someone who likes to share old things. Sometimes, I think that this is a screen shot from the TSOL song in The Slog Movie. His clothes looks the same and some of his white face paint still remains. What a great band! Man, I talk about them a lot. If it bores people, I really don't care. Early on all followers of TSOL wore white face paint so they could tell who was friends in the wild pits. At one point, the owner of the Cuckoo's Nest, a great venue for many early punk shows, banned TSOL from there, because of the activities of their fans. They begged to get back on shows and the owner, Jerry Roach, said yes, but, "no more white face gang", so that was the end of that. Ha. If interested in the Cuckoo's Nest, I recommend the great documentary, Urban Struggle: The Battle For The Cuckoo's Nest.

Soon, I will be starting a random piece on this blog titled, "Great Front Men Of Punk And Hardcore". Look forward to it because it will be filled with lots of great pictures and videos.

I hate a lot of people.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

TAYLOR said...

The white face gang, hahaha